Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lime Corn or Corn Lime

Los Bagels Lime Corn cookies are one of the freakishly good items that you can only get at Los Bagels.  The recipe was developed years ago by our long time baker Jodie Harriel and to date, this is our best selling sweet treat. This cookie is the epitome of a multicultural experience...are there any other cookies on earth that get referred to as "zesty"  ...we think not.   

The magic taste of this cookie has traveled outside Humboldt County.  Tierra Vegetables in Windsor California is a fan,  we hear someone is working on a Gluten Free version  and now you can purchase them straight from the source and we will ship them right to your door.

If you are ready to get in the kitchen and make them yourself (they are incredible right out of the oven!)  here is the recipe.  This is taken from Los Bagels Recipes and Lore.
Whether you call them "Lime Corn Cookies" or "Corn Lime Cookies"  we don't mind, just remember the first place you tried the original zesty cookie.

7 comments:

  1. I love these - and I am in England. I can't wait to make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo!! I've been craving these cookies and just thought about trying to find a recipe. And right away google led me right here. perfect! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this cookie is one of the things I miss the most from HumCo. Thank god you've posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't miss many things about Humboldt County, but Los Bagels is one of them. Glad to see this recipe here! I was about to have a friend take a picture of the cookbook for me while she was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THESE 😍 I just made them for the first time. I wanted to make a treat for my son's fiancee, who is gluten-intolerant. I used Ametica's
    Test Kitchen gluten-free flour blend and added 3/4 tsp of xanthan gum. I somewhat followed the recommendations on the Noble Pig blog for baking, but since I don't have any whoopie pie pans, I used regular muffin tins, shaped them with a #70 scoop, which 16 grams of dough, and pressed them flat. I baked them for 11-12 minutes. The glaze seemed to penetrate the cookies, which I don't recall from the ones I have bought at Los Bagels, but no matter, they are very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After too many years, I am becoming reacquainted with Los Bagels via FB & the website. Makes me want to move back to HumCo! I was excited about the link to a GF version of these Corn Lime Cookies, but it is long broken. This version is similar, but GF, way less butter, less sugar but more lime. It uses lemon juice for the glaze, but I would likely stick with lime. Hmm, add a bit of chile? https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/lime-and-cornmeal-cookies-with-citrus-glaze-recipe-1924710 I did find other similar GF recipes, including one with cranberries, which I must try, as I now live in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete